Monday, April 14, 2014

The beginning of a new journey

If you have known me long you will know there are a few things that I am pretty attached to:
My car(s) --they are my babies and they are pictured below.
and my schedule.


God knows this and its something that He has been showing me this lately.
Cars are replaceable. They are wonderful to get you to wherever you are going, but if your car gets scratched, or for some reason you lose it, its really not a big deal. After spending a good bunch of money to upgrade from my blazer, believe me, I was very particular with the G6. I freaked out once when there was a scratch on the bumper. The whole while my sister was telling me it wasn't my car but I was too concerned with the scratch to actually listen to her. It was pretty hilarious after the fact, and she won't let me forget it. But it also reminds me that while I say that things don't matter, my heart is still wrapped up in them.

People are irreplaceable. Life is valuable. And sometimes my schedule prevents me from investing in the lives of people the way that I should. How many times I have said I couldn't do something because I had something else planned. Or how many times do I not take a minute to talk to someone because I will be late? And how often do I freak out that they are being hurt, taken advantage of and oppressed because I am too concerned with my life to worry about theirs.

I started praying for ways to invest. And for a heart that was willing to. And this is the very first part of the story.



No comments:

Post a Comment